Planning is an essential tool for towns and communities; it allows for more efficient management of resources and economic growth, which in turn improves the quality of life for all citizens. The Hagerstown Comprehensive Plan is intended to guide economic growth and development for the community as a whole.
This Comprehensive Plan is a living document which resides on the Internet. As such, town officials and citizens may review the document at any time. Revision will be an ongoing process as goals are met, plans evolve, and Hagerstown moves into the future. Community input is an important component of the plan, as it aids in the creation of new goals and action plans for the town.
The areas of focus for this Comprehensive Plan include:
- Upholding the Quality of Life for Hagerstown residents
- Maintaining and improving the town’s Built Environment
- Engaging in Planned Economic Development through goals and action plans
The primary goals of this Comprehensive Plan include:
- Redeveloping and revitalizing existing Hagerstown neighborhoods, including downtown and Main Street
- Implementing capital improvement plans for infrastructure
- Encouraging economic development
- Preserving the environment and adopting guidelines for sustainability
- Integrating liabilities, assets, needs, and dreams, as determined through community input, into a workable solution for the future of Hagerstown