This list reflects the achievements of the Hagerstown which contribute to the goals of the Hagerstown Comprehensive plan.
- 2022 Replaced sidewalks on Main Street from Washington Street to Perry Street ($200,000 investment)
- 2022 Main Street streetscape – replaced aging benches on Main Street, had 20 year old trash cans sandblasted and powder coated to match benches/ lighting
- 2022 Installed wayfinding signage on Main Street
- 2022 INDOT repaving Main Street and reworked our ADA ramps
- 2022 Enclosed/ spray insulated large pole barn at WWTP + installed heater for storage of Jet-Vac Truck and dewatering of solids dumpster during winter
- 2022 Purchased/ Installed new Advanced Metering Infrastructure – AMI ($319,200 investment)
- 2021 Purchased mini excavator for use by all departments ($58,000 investment)
- 2021 Purchased new pickup truck for electric department ($37,108 investment)
- 2021 Installed 3 new high efficiency gas furnaces at Town Hall ($32,951 investment)
- 2021 Completed $226,798.20 in street milling/ repaving ($170,098.65 was awarded from INDOT 75/25 Community Crossings grant)
- 2021 Purchased new fire truck ($560,000 investment, $261,786.05 from Jefferson Twp.)
- 2021 Water main extension along Teetor Road
- 2021 Purchased new planters for Main Street
- 2021 Replaced five storm drainage structures under Main Street and repaired existing drains
- 2020 Purchased new Jet Vac Truck for WWTP and Water departments ($400,000 investment)
- 2020 Applied for and was awarded $200,000 OCRA Covid Business grant awarding 29 Hagestown businesses grants ranging from $5000 to $10,000
- 2020 Remodeled kitchen/ break room at Town Hall
- 2020 Purchased new Leaf Vac Truck for Streets Department ($201,859.07 investment)
- 2020 Purchased new SCADATA control panel equipment for WWTP ($54,500 investment)
- 2020 Completed $709,966.87 in street milling/ repaving, ADA sidewalk ramps ($532,475.15 was awarded from INDOT 75/25 Community Crossings Grant)
- 2020 Purchased and demolished blighted Tri County/ Melodian Apartment Building at 51 South Perry Street ($220,900 grant award from Office of Community and Rural Affairs) Planning electric vehicle charging area
- 2020 Installed sidewalk to EAA Soccer Park connecting park to town sidewalk system
- 2019 Replaced UV Final disinfecting equipment at WWTP ($100,000 investment)
- 2019 Purchased Stohler Hangar at airport for electric department storage ($15,000)
- 2019 Installed new security camera equipment at Town Hall, Town Garage, WWTP and park
- 2019 Completed Sidewalk to Park ($924,303 investment INDOT 80/20 grant)
- 2019 Installed new LED architectural street lighting fixtures along Main Street ($652,586 investment)
- 2018 Retrofitted holiday wreaths/ decorations and added LED bulbs
- 2018 – ongoing replacement of existing street light fixtures with energy efficient LED fixtures (approximately $3500 invested annually)
- 2018 Replaced water main under Main Street ($816,687 investment)
- 2018 Energy retrofit to WWTP office adding insulation, drywall, new furnace, new doors/ windows andvLED lighting
- 2018 Completed $359,900 in street milling/ repaving/ ADA ramps ($269,925.00 was awarded fromvINDOT 75/25 Community Crossings Grant)
- 2018 Created 50/50 grant program for resident tree removal
- 2017 Performed extensive maintenance on Army Corps of Engineers Levee, dredging, vegetation removal and structure repairs
- 2017 Completed $135,558.00 in street milling/ repaving ($67,779 was awarded from INDOT 50/50 Community Crossings Grant)
- 2017 - Introduced new zoning classification of A2 to be more residential-friendly and rezoned the agricultural area immediately surrounding the town.
- 2017 - Introduction of the Hagerstown Police Department K9 unit.
- 2017 - Return of the Nettle Creek Players performance group.
- 2017 - Upgraded meter reading software, upgrade meters to radio read.
- 2017 - Purchased new bucket truck.
- 2017 - Improved Dana lift station accessibility
- 2017 - Continued with televising project of sewers.
- 2017 - Participated in the Certified Work Ready Communities program by WorkOne.
- 2017 - Replacement of all mainstreet intersections sidewalk/curbs completed to be ADA compliant.
- Sep 2017 - $150,000 Blighted Housing Demolition Grant used for the purpose of removing 5 dilapidated houses in Hagerstown.
- Spring 2017 - Fiber optic network into Hagerstown and blocks adjacent to Main Street completed.
- Jan 2017 - Received Main Street Designation from State of Indiana.
2016 and Earlier
- 2016 Updated Town Hall with new paint, carpet, vinyl flooring and LED lighting
- 2016 - Renovation of the golf course.
- 2016 - Created greenspace in parks by removing Ohio Gas Building at the Hagerstown Park.
- 2016 - Formed a 501-c entity called Heart of Hagerstown to represent downtown merchants.
- 2015 Attracted new company that provides home healthcare programs and services.
- Jan 2015 - Blighted Housing Demolition Grant rewarded for the purpose of tearing down abandoned buildings, funded through Indiana's Hardest Hit Fund.
- Jan 2015 - 2022 - Made $5000 contribution to Communities in Schools.
- Oct 2014 - Received grant to construct path/walkway from Main Street to the Hagerstown Park.